The luncheon held Thursday, Dec. 12 at the Central City Convention Center was the Christmas meeting with the traditional ham dinner provided by First National Bank.
Chamber President Gary Jones told the membership that the year had heard some bad news with the announcement about phasing out two coal-burning units at TVA but that the business community will overcome adversity with continued cooperation.
“It will be a challenge,” said Jones. “But this chamber and this community can face these challenges and move forward. These are a people, who believe in one another. As I hand over the gavel to Chris Dennis, I believe that our best days are ahead of us.”
Dennis will take over the leadership reins in January.
Awards and award recipients honored during the luncheon include:
- Ambassador of the Year – Beverly Divine
- School to Work Award – Kentucky National Guard
- Farm Enterprise of the Year – Kirkpartick Farms
- Community Organization of the Year – Pathway of Hope
- Community Improvement/Enhancement Award – Muhlenberg County Parks and Recreation
- New Business of the Year – Soderling Eye Care, Dr. John Soderling
- Business of the Year over 25 Employees – First Security Bank
- Business of the Year under 25 Employees – Main Street Costumes
- Chamber Member of the Year – Tammy Piper
- Citizen of the Year (tie) – Jamie Wells and Chris Dennis
- Lifetime Business Achievement Award – Lee Fauntleroy
Trouble viewing this gallery on your device? Click here for photos.
Rita Dukes Smith
SurfKY News Director
Photos by Rita Dukes Smith
|< Prev||Next >|