Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

Edge Ice Center Offering weSKATE Learn-to-Skate Classes

OWENSBORO, Ky. (8/22/14) — The City of Owensboro's Edge Ice Center is now accepting registrations for the first fall… Read More

Transportation Cabinet Resolves Failed Manhole Issue on Kentucky 2121/Southtown Boulevard

OWENSBORO, Ky. (8/22/14) — Work has ramped up this week to remedy problems caused by a failed manhole along the… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

August 21, 2014 6487

Muhlenberg Task Force on Trail of Home…

in News by Wes Miller
August 20, 2014 4136

Park Avenue Trespass Call Leads to…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 19, 2014 3899

Free Arthritis Exercise Program will be…

in News by Woody Maglinger
August 19, 2014 3811

Municipal Art Collection on Exhibit at…

in News by Mary Bryan Hood
August 19, 2014 3810

'Another One Bites the 'Duct'

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

August 20, 2014 4136

Park Avenue Trespass Call Leads to…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 21, 2014 2160

Pedestrian Struck on East Arch Street,…

in Top Stories by Officer Ryan Clark
August 20, 2014 2138

Dawson Springs Woman Arrested for Driving…

in Top Stories by SurfKY News
August 18, 2014 1516

Madisonville Firefighters Recognized for…

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 20, 2014 1300

Theft at Pennyrile Park Apartments Leads…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

August 19, 2014 3899

Free Arthritis Exercise Program will be…

in News by Woody Maglinger
August 19, 2014 3811

Municipal Art Collection on Exhibit at…

in News by Mary Bryan Hood
August 19, 2014 2097

Owensboro Police Department to Host…

in News by Michael Hathaway
August 19, 2014 1496

‘Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over’ Campaign…

in News by Officer Michael Hathaway
August 20, 2014 1450

OCTC Faculty Earns National Honor

in News by Bernie Hale

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

August 19, 2014 3810

'Another One Bites the 'Duct'

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
August 19, 2014 3332

Drakesboro Woman Injured When Tree Falls…

in Top Stories by Martha Clark
August 21, 2014 2414

UPDATE: Injuries Sustained in Two-Vehicle…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 20, 2014 2222

Deterioration of Caney Station Cemetery…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 19, 2014 2090

Central City Lions Club Charity Auction…

in Top Stories by Dean Rowe

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 03social 04social 22social 21social 06