MADISONVILLE, Ky. (1/30/14) — The Madisonville Fire Department responded to the report of a fire at 366 Oak St., Madisonville Wednesday, Jan. 29 and quickly resolved the issue.
After arriving on the scene shortly after 2:35 p.m., firefighters found the occupants of the home outside and smoke coming from the roof vents of the house, owned by Martha Simms.
No fire was discovered inside the house but a quick trip inside the attic revealed a section of insulation smoldering between two ceiling joist.
An electrical wire was discovered inside burning insulation. After ensuring the power had been deactivated from the structure, the crew used two water extinguishers to cool the insulation.
The burned material was removed from the structure. A thermal camera revealed no other heat extensions.MFD units advised the homeowner to have electrical repairs made before restoring power to the home.
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz
|< Prev||Next >|