An alarm was received from Central Dispatch for a smell of gas at 529 South Seminary Street around 7 p.m. March 30. Crews used a multi-gas detector and flammable gas detector to check the interior and exterior of the structure. Crews found that the gas was leaking from underground at the gas meter. Gas was shut off to the structure and it was ventilated. Atmos Energy was called to the scene and determined that there was an underground gas leak. They remained on scene to repair the leak.
MFD received a call for mutual aid for a brush fire at 1104 Eastview Drive around 1:58 p.m. March 27. MFD deployed a booster line and began fire attack on the north/west sector of the field. Firefighters stopped the fire just as it had begun to enter a wooded area. Hot spots and flare ups were extinguished. Grapevine volunteer firefighters effectively controlled the remainder of the fire.
MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a structure fire at 710 Lakeside Drive around 1:49 a.m. March 29. Upon arrival, MFD was advised that the residents were safe and out of the structure. Crews observed moderate smoke coming from the AB corner of the two story, single family dwelling. Crews deployed the bundle and made entry, then established ventilation and disconnected utilities. The crew experienced heavy smoke conditions and did not locate any fire on the first floor. The thermal imaging camera did not show any significant heat signatures. A bundle was deployed to the rear of the structure and crews made entry on another side of the structure through a basement door. They found that the fire was between the main structure’s floor joists and a drop ceiling. The fire was extinguished and crews returned to the first floor to extinguish an area where fire extended from the basement and ignited a sofa. There was significant structural damage and smoke damage to the entire structure. Residents were allowed to recover personal items.
Information Provided by Madisonville Fire Department
|< Prev||Next >|