MADISONVILLE, KY (11/16/12) — The Madisonville Fire Department (MFD) responded to a call this morning at approximately 8:35 AM at Elk Creek mobile home park, where a home was already engulfed in a working fire, according to MFD Assistant Chief, John Stewart.
Resident Toby Braun and his teenage son are the only two people who occupied the home.
Neither Braun nor his son was home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries associated with the incident. Braun, however, suffered tragic loss of all of his and his son’s belongings.
MFD was able to extinguish the fire promptly before it spread outside the home to any land or other residences.
Stewart explained to SurfKY News that a mobile home can completely burn down within five to ten minutes.
Madisonville Police Department and Emergency Medical Center Ambulance Service also assisted on the scene.
According to a neighbor and friend, the fire was started by a candle and/or incense stick.
Braun first tried to extinguish the fire himself but was unsuccessful in the attempt.
Another neighbor called the local Red Cross chapter to assist the family with resources.
Anyone wishing to assist the family via the Red Cross may contact them at 111 South Main Street in Madisonville or call (270) 821-6784.
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|