MADISONVILLE, Ky. (6/8/13) – The Madisonville Rotary Club presented checks to 15 Hopkins County Seniors from Hopkins Central High School (Central) and Madisonville North Hopkins High School (North).
The 2013 General Scholarships were given this year only in honor of the memory of long time Rotarians Charles Rudd, Sr. and Bliss Powell. Male and Female Graduates of the Year received $500 scholarships and all others received $1,000 scholarships.
Recipients expressed gratitude to the Rotary Club and its supporters.
Scholarship recipients left to right:
1. Jailya Slaton, Central, going to University of Kentucky, majoring in Biology
2. Sara Tiberi, Central, University of Alabama, Aerospace Engineering major
3. Joshua Lutz, Central, awarded Ernie Woodward Excellence Scholarship, Western Kentucky University, Electrical Engineering
4. Jessica Chance, Central, Bellarmine University, Micro Biology & Chemistry, Pre-med
5. Logan Howe, Central, Western Kentucky University, Civil Engineering
6. Ashley Renfro, North, University of Kentucky, Accounting
7. Daniel DeMercurio, North Male Graduate of the Year, Center College, Financial Economics
8. Rebecca Niestrath, North Female Graduate of the Year, Harding College,
9. Javier Slayton, Central, Western Kentucky University, Electrical Engineering
10. Taylor Childress, Central Female Graduate of the Year, Asbury University
11. Gregory (Nathan) Gaddis, Central Male Graduate of the Year, LeTournaeu University, Mechanical Engineering
Not pictured but receiving scholarships
1. Conner Huff, North, Patrick Rudd Memorial Scholarship
2. Whitney Caskey, North
3. Cierra Gonzalez, North
4. Katherine Love, North
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|
In Other News...
HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. (4/17/14) — A Christian County, Kentucky man was convicted by a federal jury for stealing trade… Read More
GILBERTSVILLE, Ky. (4/16/14) — Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park and the Marshall County Soil and Water… Read More