KENTUCKY (10/2/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1895 - 1st cartoon comic strip is printed in a newspaper
• 1936 - 1st alcohol power plant forms, Atchison, Kansas
• 1942 - 1st self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction demonstrated, Chicago
• 1955 - "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" premieres
• 1956 - 1st atomic power clock exhibited-NYC
• 1991 - Steffi Graf becomes the youngest woman to win 500 pro tennis matches
• 2001 - The NATO backs US military strikes, following 9/11.
• 2004 - "Piano Man" singer-songwriter Billy Joel (55) weds television food critic and chef Katie Lee (23) at 15-acre waterfront estate in Centre Island, New York
Information provided by historyorb.com
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|