MADISONVILLE, Ky. (1/24/14) ― A Madisonville man is safe after waking to a fire in the bathroom of his home about 10:15 a.m. Friday, Jan. 24.
Frank Cope was still asleep at his 602 Wyatt Avenue home, when he smelled smoke.
The Madisonville Fire Department was on the scene within moments and quickly extinguishing the fire making sure the home was secure. Firefighters then began clearing the house of smoke.
“I don't know if the smoke detector went off or not,” said Frank Cope. “There was too much going on for me to remember. Thank God the smell of smoke woke me up.”
Frank Cope said when he smelled the smoke, he traced it to the bathroom, where a small heater had caused a electrical wiring fire in the wall. His wife, Kriston Cope, was at work. Frank Cope and the couple's pets escaped unharmed.
The Madisonville Police Department assisted at the scene.
Rita Dukes Smith
SurfKY News Director
Photo by Rita Dukes Smith
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|