ANTON, Ky. (2/13/12) — The Anton Volunteer Fire Department was summoned to 6030 Anton Road at approximately 7:30 a.m. Wednesday morning to a fire in a single-family, wood frame house.
According to Anton Assistant Chief Joe Johnson, the home of David and Susie Bell was heavily damaged in the back side with smoke damage throughout.
The blaze was believed to be caused by an electric space heater.
Grapevine Volunteer Fire Department assisted with the blaze. Madisonville Fire Department used its positive pressure fan to help with smoke conditions, and then helped pull down an interior ceiling to expose the attic and knock down the fire.The residents of the home were unharmed, however, the couple lost pets in the fire.
Rita Dukes Smith
SurfKY News Director
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|