MADISONVILLE, Ky. (4/30/14) — An alarm was received from central dispatch around 2:53 a.m. Wednesday for a fire alarm activation indicating water flow in the sprinkler system at Electro Cycle, located at 230 Baldwin Drive.
Central Dispatch advised the alarm company had been in contact with Electro Cycle personnel on scene who stated it was a false alarm due to sprinkler maintenance and there was no fire. Engine-3 and Battalion-1 continued to the scene while all other responding units staged at various locations. Upon arrival, Engine-3 crew found the information was not accurate and was notified there had been a fire that caused the sprinkler activation but the fire was now out.
Engine-3 crew equipped with S.C.B.A entered the structure to investigate the area of the fire. The fire was determined to be out and water flow from the sprinkler system had been shut off. The cause of the fire was determined to be pre-heated material that was being fed into the kiln overheated and set the sprinkler head off above the feeding system.
Electro Cycle Maintenance personnel stated that sprinkler system repairs would not be complete until 7 a.m. Maintenance personnel were advised to continually have personnel on fire watch until repairs were made to the sprinkler system.No further assistance was required and all units returned to station.
Information Provided by Madisonville Fire Department
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|