KENTUCKY (10/3/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1789 - Washington proclaims 1st national Thanksgiving Day on Nov 26
• 1849 - American author Edgar Allan Poe is found delirious in a gutter in Baltimore, Maryland under mysterious circumstances; it is the last time he is seen in public before his death.
• 1899 - J S Thurman patents motor-driven vacuum cleaner
• 1906 - SOS adopted as warning signal by 1st conference on wireless telegraphy
• 1913 - Federal Income Tax signed into law (at 1%)
• 1945 - Elvis Presley's 1st public appearance, he is 10
• 1947 - 1st telescope lens 200" (508 cm) in diameter completed
• 1952 - 1st video recording on magnetic tape, LA, Ca
• 1974 - Watergate trial begins
• 1992 - Sinead O'Connor rips up a picture of Pope John Paul II on Saturday Night Live
• 1995 OJ Simpson found not guilty in murder of Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman
• 2003 - William Steig, American cartoonist and children's author (b. 1907)
Information provided by historyorb.com
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|