firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

In Other News...

Seniors Celebrate with Cook-out, Games, Fellowship

MADISONVILLE, Ky. (5/25/15) — The Senior Citizens Center hosted “Celebrate Older American’s Day” Friday, May 22. SCS… Read More

Pennyroyal Herb Club Annual Garden Tour Announced

HOPKINS COUNTY, Ky. (5/23/15) — Tour eight local gardens, featuring butterfly gardens, raised beds, shade gardens,… Read More

Most Read This Week

May 22, 2015 6721

Madisonville Man Charged with First-Degree Rape

by SurfKY News
May 23, 2015 6389

Missing 5-Year-Old Boy Found

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
May 19, 2015 6111

Owensboro Health Proposes Building $15M Health…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
May 19, 2015 3901

Two Charged with Marijuana Possession after…

by SurfKY News
May 20, 2015 3417

Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park Holding Beach…

by Gil Lawson

Most Read This Month

May 15, 2015 10603

New Madisonville Business In Full Operation Soon

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 15, 2015 7451

Investigation of Local Barber Shop Leads to Drug…

by SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

May 25, 2015 1403

UPDATE - MPD Seeks Three in Residential Robbery

by SurfKY News
May 24, 2015 1251

MCC's Felicia Johnson Receives State KCTCS Award

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 23, 2015 1064

'Cooking for the Cure' Fundraiser Brings Out…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 24, 2015 617

Reading Solutions Offers Students a Hand in…

by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
May 24, 2015 600

Caldwell County Native Helping Unwrap Secrets of…

by Whitney Harder
May 23, 2015 498

Whitfield Meets with Kentucky Ambulance Providers

by Ed Whitfield
May 24, 2015 498

Prosecutors from Kentucky, Tennessee to Attend…

by Leland Hulbert
May 24, 2015 402

'Remember Our Military' by Glenn Mollette

by SurfKY News
May 24, 2015 396

Dave Says - May 24, 2015

by Dave Ramsey
May 24, 2015 390

Hooked on Science - ' Glow Slime'

by Jason Lindsey