BENTON, Ky. (1/22/14) – For the fourth year in a row, the South Marshall Middle School Academic Team competed in the District Governor's Cup, was named District Champion and placed first in quick recall on Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014.
Coached by Leslie Radcliffe in written assessments, individual awards went to:
- Dalton York-2nd Social Studies
- Alex Chapman-1st Arts and Humanities and 3rd Science
- Alyssa Hubbard-1st Language Arts
- Morgan Price-2nd Language Arts
- Griffin Deese-4th Social Studies
- Ben Samson-3rd Math
- Evan Dotson-2nd Math
- Kalee Gray-2nd Written Composition
- Kinsey Hamby-5th Written Composition
Coached by Nina Hendricks, the Future Problem Solving Team placed first in the district.
Members of FPS team:
- Kalee Gray
- Kinsey Hamby
- Kristen Dukes
- Brittany Murphy
- Cole Jewell
Information provided by South Marshall Middle School
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|