MURRAY, Ky. (3/31/14) — Murray-Calloway County Hospital will offer several meetings and events during the month of April, free to everyone in the region.
SUPPORT GROUP DATES
- The ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) Support Group will meet 6 p.m. Thursday, April 10 in the MCCH Center for Health and Wellness. For more information, contact Mitzi Cathey at (270) 293-1748.
- The Alzheimer’s Support Group will meet 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 8 at Shared Care located in the George Weaks Community Center. For more information, call Connie Stalls, LPN, at (270) 753-0576.
- The Lap Band Support Group will meet 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, April 3 at the Bariatric Solutions office and from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Center for Health and Wellness. Becky Maxwell will present “Weight Loss Plateus.” For more information, contact Bariatric Solutions at (270) 762-1547.
- The Sleeve Gastrectomy Support Group will meet 5:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 3 at the Center for Health and Wellness and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 11 at the Bariatric Solutions office. Becky Maxwell will present “Weight Loss Plateus.” For more information, contact Bariatric Solutions at (270) 762-1547.
- The Breast Cancer Support Group will meet 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at the Center for Health and Wellness. For more information, contact Evelyn Wallis at (270) 489-2462.
- The Mental Illness Support Group for families and friends of persons suffering from mental illness will meet 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 17 in the MCCH Educational Services Building located on the corner of 8th and Elm streets. For more information, call (270) 748-6133.
- The Dialysis Support Group will NOT meet April but will meet in May. For more information, contact Tasha Mitchell at (270) 759-3080.
- The Stroke/Head Injury Support Group will meet 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 24 at the Center for Health & Wellness. For more information, contact Cheryl Crouch at (270) 762-1557.
Staff at MCCH and the Center for Health & Wellness will be offering educational health promotion events during the month of April to community members, Wellness Center members and MCCH employees.
- A free nutrition education event titled “Vitamin Supplements 101” will be held 9-9:30 a.m. Friday, April 11 in the Center for Health and Wellness. If you listen to the advertisements all vitamins are wonderful and beneficial, but is the hype true? Do you need vitamins? If so, which ones and how much? Join Rebecca Wright, Registered Dietitian, to learn the essentials of vitamin supplements.
Spirit teams will line the course to cheer on runners and can win cash for their nonprofit organization! Find out more by calling or emailing Sean using the contact information above.
MCCH Wellness Works program will offer free community health screenings in April.
- Wednesday, April 2, 8-10 a.m. at Emeritus Senior Living, 905 Glendale Road, Murray – Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar screenings.
- Friday, April 4, 9:30-11 a.m. at the Stewart County Senior Citizen Center, 111 General Rice Street, Dover, Tenn. – Blood Pressure and Osteoporosis Heel Scan screenings.
- Tuesday, April 15, 8:30-11:30 a.m. at the Weaks Senior Citizen Center, 607 Poplar Street, Murray – Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar screenings.
- Friday, April 25, 8-11 a.m. and 12-3 p.m. at the Center for Health and Wellness, 716 Poplar Street, Murray – Blood Pressure, BMI, Osteoporosis Heel Scan and Blood Sugar screenings. Call (270) 762-1348 to make an appointment.
- Monday, April 28, 8:30-11:10 a.m. at the Trigg County Senior Center, 127 Joy Lane, Cadiz – Blood Sugar, PSA and Lipids screenings (12-hr. fast required, drinking water is okay).
- Tuesday, April 29, 7-10 a.m. in the Spring Creek Health Care Station 3 Dining Room, 1401 South 16th Street, Murray – Blood Pressure, BMI, Osteoporosis Heel Scan and Blood Sugar screenings.
- Wednesday, April 30, 6-10 a.m. at the PTL South Lot, 3443 US Hwy 641 South, Murray – Blood Sugar, PSA and Lipids screenings (12-hr. fast required, drinking water is okay).
The screenings are free to the communities visited by Wellness Works and are provided to detect diseases in the earliest stages when there are often no symptoms.For more information on the Wellness Works schedule or about the screenings offered, call (270)-762-1348.
Information provided by Kyser Lough
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|