GOLDEN PONDS, Ky. (6/23/14) — The following events are scheduled for the month of June and July.
Join Us This Weekend
Saturday, June 21
- 1-3 p.m. - Let's Play Town Ball - Homeplace
Baseball is called America's pastime, but what was before baseball? Historical interpreter Kristopher Adam will lead a game of "town ball", the stepping stone towards modern baseball. Bring your coolers and join in "the old ball game". Ideal for Home Educators. Program free with HP admission.
- Laser Light Music Show - Golden Pond Planetarium
5:30 p.m. - Laser Country; 7 p.m. - Laser Retro; 8 p.m. - Laser Beatles
Sunday, June 22
- 2 p.m. - Nature's Urban Legends - Nature Station
Have you heard about the alligators in the sewer? How about the duck whose quack doesn't echo? Are daddy longlegs really the most venomous spiders in the world? Help us debunk some well-known myths and see if there are any grains of truth behind the fantastical creatures of modern lore.
Coming Up Soon
Daily and Weekly Programs Include
- Elk & Bison Prairie open daily from dawn until dusk all year, $5 per vehicle.
- Golden Pond Planetarium open daily all year-round and offers a variety of daily planetarium shows at 10 and 11 a.m. and 12, 1, 2, 3, and 4 p.m. Admission: $5-Ages 13 & up; $3-Ages 5-12.
- Laser Light Music Shows offered 5:30 and 7 p.m. Tue., Fri. and Sat. nights. Admission: $7- All Ages.
- Homeplace - Feedin' Time on the Farm - daily at 3:30 p.m.; Look Who's in the Barnyard every Tuesday at 1 p.m.; Taste of The Homeplace every Wednesday at 1 p.m. Programs free with HP admission: Adults $5; Children $3; and Under 5 year free.
- Nature Station - Parade of Raptors - daily at 4:30 p.m.; Creature Feature every Thursday at 2 p.m.; and Feed the Animals every Friday at 2 p.m. Programs free with NS admission: Adults $5; Children $3; and Under 5 year free.
View our new mobile-friendly Calendar of Events for a variety of fun, educational programs for all ages and interests.
Information provided by Land Between The Lakes
© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.