LEXINGTON, Ky. (2/14/13) – It is time to nominate people for the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department Public Health Heroes Award. The award, now in its ninth year, is for individuals who have demonstrated their dedication to improving the health of Lexington residents.
Criteria for the selection of the Public Health Heroes Award include:
• Exemplary leadership and diligence in promoting public health;
• Remarkable contributions and support in fostering public health programs; and
• Work or actions that have impacted the community’s health in a positive way and would not have occurred without the activities of the nominee.
Past winners include Vickie Blevins and Jay McChord (2012); Jill Chenault-Wilson and Dr. Malkanthie McCormick (2011); Dr. Jay Perman (2010); the Lexington Lions Club (2009); Dr. David Stevens and the late Dr. Doane Fischer (2008); Dr. Ellen Hahn, Mary Alice Pratt and Therese Moseley (2007); Dr. Andrew Moore and Rosa Martin (2006); Jan Brucato and Dragana Zaimovic (2005); and Dr. John Michael Moore, Ellen Parks and Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (2004). Dr. Robert Lam received a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007.
If you know of someone, please provide the following information:
• Name, professional title and organization;
• Phone number and e-mail address of nominee; and
• Examples of why the person is worthy of the award. Descriptions should be no more than 200 words.
Please include your name and contact information.
The deadline for submitting candidates is 4 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27.
The Lexington-Fayette County Board of Health will make the final determination, and the winner will receive special recognition from the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. The awards are given each April as part of National Public Health Awareness Week.
Information provided by Kevin Hall
Photo provided by SurfKY Graphics
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|