- Billy Ray Cyrus, Bobby Brown, and Michael Bolton all released albums on Friday the 13th.
- Nov. 13, 1789 - Benjamin Franklin wrote, “Everything appears to promise that it will last; but in this world nothing is certain but death and taxes,” according to U.S. government documents.
- June 13, 1986 – The Olsen twins, Mary-Kate and Ashley, were born.
- Aug. 13, 1999 – The day would have been Alfred Hitchcock's 100th birthday.
- Henry Rowe Schoolcraft was an early American geologist, geographer and explorer, and is best remembered for what he found – the source of the mighty Mississippi River, on Friday, July 13th, 1832.
- The Hollywood sign above Los Angeles, California, was first unveiled by the owner of the Los Angeles Times newspaper, Harry Chandler, on Friday the 13th of July 1923.
- On Friday, September 13, 1939, Igor Secorsky invented the helicopter
- On Friday, September 13, 1814 Francis Scott Key wrote "The Star Spangled Banner".
- On Friday, September 13, 1857, Milton Hershey was born. He later gave us Hershey chocolate!
- Friday October 13, 1967, President Lyndon Johnson signed an executive order designed to rid the United States government of gender bias.
- Friday September 13, 2013, the SurfKY Lexington office found the positive in the negative and presented it to you!
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|