KENTUCKY (10/7/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1520 - 1st public burning of books in Netherlands, in Louvain
• 1913 - Henry Ford institutes moving assembly line
• 2001 - The U.S. invasion of Afghanistan starts with an air assault and covert operations on the ground.
• 1806 - Carbon paper patented in London by inventor Ralph Wedgewood
• 1968 - Motion Picture Association of America adopts film rating system
• 1993 - Nobel prize for literature awarded to Toni Morrison
• 1995 - "Cheers" actor Ted Danson (47) weds Academy Award-winning actress Mary Steenbergen (42)
• 1988 - Robin Givens files for divorce after 8-month marriage to Mike Tyson
• 1976 - Birthday/Oliver Hudson, American actor
Information provided by historyorb.com
Copyright 2013 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|< Prev||Next >|