- Millions of people may be altering their main dish this year because the largest producer of turkeys in the United States, Butterball, announced that there was a “nationwide shortage” of the large birds.
- Retailers are referring to the holiday as ‘Brown Thursday.’
- There are more advertisements about “the best deals in town” than people giving thanks for what they already have.
- When I was in elementary school, we used to dress up as pilgrims and Native Americans and have lunch with the other students. The majority of kids don’t know the true meaning behind Thanksgiving anymore.
- My dad said that when he was my age the only thing that would be open on Thanksgiving was a gas station. Now, millions of people across the nation will have to work instead of enjoying dinner with their family.
This Thanksgiving, if you are one of the lucky people, who get to sit down and spend time with your family, be thankful. Times are changing and who knows how many more Thanksgivings you will be able to have.
|< Prev||Next >|