Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

April 17, 2014 4589

KSP Nabs St. Charles Man Wanted by U.S.…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 17, 2014 3601

Meet The Hopkins County Magistrate…

in News by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
April 17, 2014 1985

Bremen Man Charged for Possession of…

in Top Stories by Muhlenberg Sheriff Curtis McGehee
April 17, 2014 1854

Watson Family Tragedy Inspires Muhlenberg…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News Reporter
April 18, 2014 1646

Daviess County School Board Hears…

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

April 17, 2014 4589

KSP Nabs St. Charles Man Wanted by U.S.…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 18, 2014 1337

Talking Teen Trashed Telephone Pole,…

in Top Stories by MPD
April 19, 2014 1182

Fifth Third on Main Street Comes Down

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
April 18, 2014 1059

Earlington Traffic Stop Results in Meth…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
April 19, 2014 961

MPD Arrests Juveniles for Recent Rash of…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

April 18, 2014 1646

Daviess County School Board Hears…

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
April 18, 2014 1515

One Arrested, Another Injured in Single…

in News by J.D. Marksberry
April 17, 2014 361

Owensboro Public Works Declares 'War on…

in Top Stories by Abby Shelton
April 17, 2014 264

‘Big Bugs’ Artist Returns to Western…

in Top Stories by Western Kentucky Botanical Garden
April 18, 2014 227

Second Children’s Advocacy Center of…

in Top Stories by Michael Hathaway

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

April 17, 2014 1985

Bremen Man Charged for Possession of…

in Top Stories by Muhlenberg Sheriff Curtis McGehee
April 17, 2014 1854

Watson Family Tragedy Inspires Muhlenberg…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News Reporter
April 18, 2014 1174

Friends of Lake Malone Busy Hiding 1,500…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News Reporter
April 17, 2014 1094

Drakesboro Man Charged with Wanton…

in Top Stories by Sheriff Curtis McGehee
April 17, 2014 1089

Major Muhlenberg Road Projects Found in…

in Top Stories by Rebecca Hanchett

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 06social 21social 22social 04social 03