GOLDEN POND, Ky. (9/3/13) – Land Between The Lakes (LBL) National Recreation Area archery deer seasons open in September.
All hunters must possess State Hunting License/Deer Permit, LBL Hunter Use Permit (age 16 and over), and a Hunter Safety Card according to KY or TN state regulations. Please reference the 2013-2014 Deer Hunting Information for specific regulations as well as state regulations available at visitor facilities and www.lbl.org.
• Archery: Saturday, Sept 7, 2013, through Monday, Jan 20, 2014, except quota hunt days and the day immediately before each quota hunt
• Quota hunts: Oct 26-27 and Nov 23-24
• Crossbow: Oct 1-20 and Nov 9-Dec 31, except quota hunt days and the day immediately before each quota hunt
• Archery/Crossbow: Saturday, Sept 28. 2013, through Sunday, Jan 5, 2014, except quota hunt days and the day immediately before each quota hunt
• Quota hunts: Oct 19-20, Nov 15-16, and Nov 29-30
During Land Between The Lakes’ 2013-2014 archery season hunters may harvest two white-tailed deer, including one antlered buck unless a buck has already been harvested on LBL. Deer harvested on both the Kentucky and Tennessee portions of LBL are bonus deer; they do not count towards statewide deer bag limits. Appropriately licensed archers with required state licenses or permits may harvest one turkey (either sex), squirrels, woodchucks, coyotes, armadillos, and feral hogs.
Deer hunting provides a unique recreational opportunity within the region and helps maintain a healthy deer population. Land Between The Lakes invites visitors to hone their archery skills on the archery practice range and field archery range trail at the Golden Pond Target Range.
Located just off US68/KY80, the range is open from dawn to dusk on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please be aware that the Target Range will be closed on Wednesday mornings until 11 a.m. for weekly clean-up.
Information provided by Regina Roby
|< Prev||Next >|