KENTUCKY (10/3/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1789 - Washington proclaims 1st national Thanksgiving Day on Nov 26
• 1849 - American author Edgar Allan Poe is found delirious in a gutter in Baltimore, Maryland under mysterious circumstances; it is the last time he is seen in public before his death.
• 1899 - J S Thurman patents motor-driven vacuum cleaner
• 1906 - SOS adopted as warning signal by 1st conference on wireless telegraphy
• 1913 - Federal Income Tax signed into law (at 1%)
• 1945 - Elvis Presley's 1st public appearance, he is 10
• 1947 - 1st telescope lens 200" (508 cm) in diameter completed
• 1952 - 1st video recording on magnetic tape, LA, Ca
• 1974 - Watergate trial begins
• 1992 - Sinead O'Connor rips up a picture of Pope John Paul II on Saturday Night Live
• 1995 OJ Simpson found not guilty in murder of Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman
• 2003 - William Steig, American cartoonist and children's author (b. 1907)
Information provided by historyorb.com
|< Prev||Next >|