Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster
Davis Motor Sales banner ad

Madisonville Fire Reports - Nov. 12, 2013

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

Land Between The Lakes 2014-2015 Archery Season

GOLDEN POND, Ky. (8/22/14) — Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area invites the public to participate in… Read More

Hear Elk Bugling at Elk & Bison Prairie

GOLDEN POND, Ky. (8/22/14) — Every fall, beginning in September, mature bull elk in the Elk & Bison Prairie at Land… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

August 21, 2014 5453

Muhlenberg Task Force on Trail of Home…

in News by Wes Miller
August 18, 2014 4405

Man Injured in Early Morning WKP Accident

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 18, 2014 4148

Owensboro Board of Commissioners…

in News by Beth Cecil
August 20, 2014 3944

Park Avenue Trespass Call Leads to…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 18, 2014 3939

Unlawful Solicitation

in News by Sgt. J.D. Winkler

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

August 20, 2014 3944

Park Avenue Trespass Call Leads to…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 18, 2014 2692

Madisonville Man Charged for Shoplifting,…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 21, 2014 1812

Pedestrian Struck on East Arch Street,…

in Top Stories by Officer Ryan Clark
August 20, 2014 1655

Dawson Springs Woman Arrested for Driving…

in Top Stories by SurfKY News
August 18, 2014 1470

Madisonville Firefighters Recognized for…

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

August 18, 2014 4148

Owensboro Board of Commissioners…

in News by Beth Cecil
August 18, 2014 3939

Unlawful Solicitation

in News by Sgt. J.D. Winkler
August 18, 2014 3825

RiverArtes Opening at OMFA

in News by Owensboro Museum of Fine Art
August 19, 2014 3288

Free Arthritis Exercise Program will be…

in News by Woody Maglinger
August 19, 2014 3205

Municipal Art Collection on Exhibit at…

in News by Mary Bryan Hood

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

August 18, 2014 4405

Man Injured in Early Morning WKP Accident

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 18, 2014 3843

Luke's Flea Market Vendors' Home Away…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 18, 2014 3644

'How Dry I Was'

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 19, 2014 3150

'Another One Bites the 'Duct'

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
August 19, 2014 2469

Drakesboro Woman Injured When Tree Falls…

in Top Stories by Martha Clark

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 03social 04social 22social 21social 06