MADISONVILLE, Ky. (8/12/14) ― The Madisonville Fire Department was summoned to the Market Place supermarket complex at 9:49 a.m., Monday, Aug. 8 at 1771 S. Main St., Madisonville.
According to a MFD report, an alarm was received from Central Dispatch for a dumpster fire behind Circus Video on South Main. Upon arrival, the Engine 16 crew found a large charcoal grill smoking behind Circus Video, where it appeared that a grill was being prepared for cooking. However, there were paper and cardboard materials burning in it.
The fire crew extinguished the fire as Unit F-10 arrived on scene and advised the manager that the open burning of trash or debris in the city is illegal. The manager was also advised that the burning material was close to propane bottles on an adjacent cooking trailer and there was no extinguishing agents or supervision present.
Information provided by Chief Steve Stoltz
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|