BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (2/21/13) – The Landmark Awards Committee is requesting nominations for the annual historic preservation awards to be presented at the Annual Meeting.
Each year the Landmark Association recognizes local historic preservation efforts that illustrate sensitive historic preservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of historic buildings and sites in Bowling Green and Warren County. Reconstruction projects are not eligible for Landmark Awards, nor are projects that utilize synthetic siding. Work on the building should have been completed during the last year, except for ongoing project awards. Not every category has a winner each year. Nominations may come from the Landmark Board, the Landmark membership, and the general public.
The nomination form can be found at http://www.bglandmark.org/ and the absolute deadline to make a nomination is March 15, 2013 for award consideration. Forms received after this date will not be considered for this year's awards.
• Landmark Building Awards are given to firms, individuals or organizations who have completed significant and sensitive rehabilitations of public, commercial or religious buildings.
• Jean Thomason Historic Home Award is given for the outstanding restoration or rehabilitation of a residence. Only one is given annually.
• General Historic House Awards are given to residences where noticeable and sensitive historic preservation work has recently occurred.
• Jane Morningstar Award of Merit recognizes additional and substantial work to a previously restored commercial or public building.
• Cultural Landscape Award recognizes outstanding preservation work with historic sites such as historic cemeteries, trails, roads, military fortifications or larger areas such as rural agricultural landscapes.
Information provided by Landmark Association
Photo provided by SurfKY Graphics
|< Prev||Next >|