BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (12/5/13) - Here’s a reminder about WKU’s winter weather communications plan: If the WKU schedule is altered by inclement weather, WKU provides a number of ways you can find out if classes are delayed, canceled or if a campus is closed.
Schedule changes will be announced through emergency text message, campuswide emails, on the WKU website and social media, and through a recorded phone message. Students, faculty and staff should keep safety in mind when making travel decisions and the university will work with students who can’t come to campus for weather-related reasons.
• Text messages: Students, faculty and staff who have signed up for WKU’s emergency text messages will receive a text message announcing changes. Students, faculty and staff can sign up for text messages through TopNet by clicking on personal information and checking View / Update Cell Phone Messaging Notification.
• Online: Information will be posted on the WKU homepage, WKU News page, WKU Alert page, WKU Facebook page and WKU Twitter page.
• Email: WKU students, faculty and staff also will receive email about any schedule changes.
• Phone: If you can’t get to a computer, the WKU Information line (270-936-0000) will have the latest information recorded.
• News media: In addition, WKU will notify WBKO-TV and WKYU-FM in Bowling Green and send information to other media as well.
Campus transportation services
You can also monitor NextBus for changes in campus transportation services. To access NextBus:
• Call 270-392-3193 and enter the stop code. (The stop codes are listed on the signs at each bus stop.)
• Visit http://www.wku.edu/nextbus
• Download the NextBus or iWKU app on your smart phone.
Winter weather could impact events and activities on campus. Check with event organizers for the latest information.
Contact: Media Relations, (270) 745-4295.
Information provided by WKU News
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|