WARREN COUNTY, Ky. (2/5/14) — Due to heavy rainfall last night several roads throughout Warren County are water covered.
Sheriff Emory “Peanuts” Gaines urges mortorists to use alternate routes and never drive through flooded areas.
According to Warren County Rescue Department, six inches of water will reach the bottom of most passenger cars causing loss of control and possible stalling. Two feet or less of rushing water can carry away most vehicles.
The following roads have been reported hazardous or impassable:
- JACKSON BRIDGE
- MEMPHIS JUNCTION
- RUSSELLVILLE RD/MURPHY RD
- WITT RD/HWY 526
- 400-600 BLK PLANO RD
- THREE SPRINGS RD/BASIL GRIFFIN
- LITTLE KNOB RD
- ANNA SANDHILL
- LOUISIVLLE RD/MIZPA
- UPPER DIXIE HWY
- WALNUT CREEK DR
- 5000 BLK MORGANTOWN RD
- RICHPOND ROCKFIED RD/AARON RD
- 10000 BLK SMITHS GROVE SCOTTSVILLE RD
- PORTER PIKE (BETWEEN CARL JORDAN & IRON BRIDGE RD)
- GALLOWAY MILL RD / FUQUA RD
- MT. LEBANON RD @ TRAMMEL CREEK BRIDGE
Information provided by Stephen Harmon
|< Prev||Next >|