OWENSBORO, Ky. (3/5/14) — The following events are scheduled in Daviess County this week:
- 3rd Region High School Basketball Tournaments March 2-8 All Day – Owensboro Sports Center, 1215 Hickman Ave. Basketball tournaments scheduled throughout the day.
- Owensboro Symphony Chorus “An Evening of George Gershwin” March 3-4, 7 p.m. – Settle Memorial United Methodist Church, 206 E. 2nd St. Reservations are now being accepted for the Owensboro Symphony Chorus annual dinner concerts. This year’s theme is “An Evening of George Gershwin.” Nicholas Palmer will conduct, and Diane Earle will be pianist. The programs will take place Monday and Tuesday, March 3 and 4, at 7 p.m. at Settle Memorial United Methodist Renewal and Outreach Center. The chorus will perform beloved songs by George and Ira Gershwin such as “Summertime”, “Someone to Watch Over Me”, “I Got Rhythm”, “Embraceable You”, and others. Tickets are $20 and must be purchased in advanced, as seating is limited. For reservations call (270) 684-0661.
- Bluegrass Jam March 6, 6-9 p.m. – International Bluegrass Music Museum, 117 Daviess St. On the first Thursday of each month, head to the Bluegrass Museum to jam with other musicians. Jamming is for musicians of all levels and begins at 6 p.m. For more information, contact the museum at (270) 926-7891, or visit www.bluegrassmuseum.org.
- Homebuilders Association of Owensboro Home & Garden Show March 7-9, 5-8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday; noon – 4 p.m. Sunday Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. 2nd St. Shake off the cold of winter and plan spring and summer projects for your home. The show offers exhibitors the opportunity to present their products and services directly to homeowners in over 30,000 square feet of displays. Call (270) 687-8800 or visit www.owensborocenter.com for more information.
- The Ronnie McDowell Show, March 7 p.m., 7:30 p.m. – RiverPark Center, 101 Daviess St. Performer Ronnie McDowell headlines this country music show at RiverPark Center,
with special guests T. Graham Brown, Billy Joe Royal and Scott Lindsey. For tickets and more information, contact (270) 687-2787 or visit www.riverparkcenter.com.
- USSSA Baseball March 8-9, All Day – The Next Level, 105 Carlton Dr.Indoor baseball tournaments are scheduled throughout the day.
- Saturday Morning Live March 8, 10 a.m. – noon – Daviess Co. Public Library, 2020 Frederica St.Self-guided fun and educational activities with a focus on literacy and school readiness. For more information, contact the library at (270) 684-0211 or visit www.dcplibrary.org.
- Murder High Reunion March 8, 6:30 p.m. – Pangea Center, 1320 Carter Rd. It's Class Reunion Season, and Pangea offers a very special Owensboro Murder Mystery show for you and your classmates. This 70/80's Class Reunion Murder Mystery features local band, Airline Blonde. For reservations, call (270) 316-9102.
- Owensboro Ballroom Dance Club St. Pat’s Dance March 8, 7:30 p.m. – Kentucky National Guard Armory, 3300 Tamarack Rd. Semi-formal St. Patrick’s Day dance. For more information, contact Ellen at (270) 314-3731 or visit www.obrdc.com for more information.
- Hop on Pop March 9, 1:30 p.m. – Owensboro Museum of Science & History, 122 E.2nd St. STORYLAB features "Hop on Pop", by Dr. Suess! Hear Science Educator Kim Ray read the book, then discover all kinds of science fun. Story Lab Activity: This is one of the museum's most popular and requested StoryLabs. In honor of Dr. Suess's birthday, they have a fun pack of science. Hoppers, poppers and balance...a variety of activities that demonstrate transfer of energy and potential/kinetic energy. This is a great activity for pre-school through elementary age groups and is included in the price of admission. Call (270) 687-2732 or visit www.owensboromuseum.org for more information.
- Broadway at RiverPark Disney’s "Beauty & The Beast" March 9, 3 pm – RiverPark Center, 101 Daviess St. Disney’s "Beauty & The Beast", the smash hit Broadway musical, is coming to Owensboro! Based on the Academy Award-winning animated feature film, this eye-popping spectacle has won the hearts of over 35 million people worldwide. This classic musical love story is filled with unforgettable characters, lavish sets and costumes, and dazzling production numbers including “Be Our Guest” and the beloved title song. Call (270) 687-2787 or visit www.riverparkcenter.com for more information.
Information provided by the Owensboro Convention and Visitors Bureau
|< Prev||Next >|