FRANKFORT, Ky. (4/2/14) — Eight rural secondary roads in Muhlenberg and Hopkins counties are scheduled for blacktopping by the end of June, State Rep. Brent Yonts said today.
Yonts was informed by the state Transportation Cabinet this week that portions of three rural routes in Muhlenberg County and six rural routes in Hopkins County will be blacktopped by June 30.
Resurfacing of rural secondary routes in Christian County was completed by the state last fall.
The rural routes scheduled for blacktopping in Muhlenberg and Hopkins counties by the end of June are as follows, according to the Cabinet:
- Kentucky 853, from mile point 0.00 to mile point 6.854
- Kentucky 2270, from mile point 3.00 to mile point 6.712
- Kenticky 181, from mile point 0.00 to mile point 5.853
- Kentucky 502, from mile point 4.000 to mile point 6.154
- Kentucky 813, from mile point 10.85 to mile point 12.267
- Kentucky 1034, from mile point 1.556 to mile point 4.220
- Kentucky 1034, from mile point 8.666 to mile point 11.552
- Kentucky 2347, from mile point 0.00 to mile point 0.654
- Kentucky 3059, from mile point 0.00 to mile point 0.57
The Transportation Cabinet let bids on March 28 for new projects in the state Highway District 2 area, according to the agency web site. Those projects—which had not been awarded as of today—and the low bids are:
Reconstruction of US 41A (Pembroke Road) from Clinic Drive (including the Clinic Drive reconstruction) to the north entrance of the mall. The low bid is $9,332,575.52, submitted by Rogers Group Inc.
Striping of various routes in state highway districts 1 and 2 (found in Fulton, Hopkins, Caldwell, and Calloway counties). The low bid is $83,488.54, submitted by Brehm Striping Co. Inc.
Resurfacing of 0.75 miles of Kentucky 272 in Christian County from Kentucky 1007 east to Bethel Street; resurfacing of Kentucky 400 in Christian County from US 41A east to Kentucky 115 (a distance of 1.38 miles); and resurfacing of Fort Campbell Blvd. in Christian County from Old Clarksville Pike north to the south end of South Fork Little River Bridge (a distance of 0.54 miles). The low bid is $635,550.32, submitted by Rogers Group Inc.
Information provided by Rebecca Hanchett
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|