KENTUCKY (9/30/13) – SurfKY News would like to share with you what has happened on this day in history.
• 1880 - Henry Draper takes that 1st photograph of Orion Nebula
• 1898 - City of NY established 1929 - 1st manned rocket plane flight (by auto maker Fritz von Opel)
• 1939 - 1st televised college football game (Fordham vs Waynesburg at NYC)
• 1950 - Radio's "Grand Ole Opry" is broadcasted on TV for 1st time
• 1954 - Nautilus, 1st atomic-powered vessel (sub), commissioned by the Navy
• 1955 - James Dean, actor (Rebel Without a Cause), dies in a car crash at age 24
• 1961 - Bill for Boston Tea Party is paid by Mayor Snyder of Oregon who wrote a check for $196, the total cost of all tea lost
• 1968 - 1st Boeing 747 rolls out
• 1994 - Space shuttle STS-68 (Endeavour 7), launches into orbit
• 1997 - Microsoft Corp releases Internet Explorer 4.0
Information provided by historyorb.com
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|