firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Posted on 2/2/14
3/13 - 16
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

July 02, 2015 15661

Emergency Response Team on Scene of Standoff on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
July 02, 2015 8212

Police: Stand Off Suspect in Critical Condition

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
July 03, 2015 4275

KMA Reminds Motorists of New Kentucky Red Light…

by David Holt
July 01, 2015 3570

Police Seeking Public Help in Locating Subject…

by SurfKY News
July 01, 2015 3475

Crime Stoppers Top Most Wanted - July 2, 2015

by Crime Stoppers

Most Read This Month

June 24, 2015 46009

Western Kentucky, Southern Indiana's Largest…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
July 02, 2015 15661

Emergency Response Team on Scene of Standoff on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

July 06, 2015 3350

Man Accused of Choking Girlfriend, Threatening to…

by SurfKY News
July 07, 2015 2270

White Plains Man Accused of Firing Shotgun at Car…

by SurfKY News
July 05, 2015 1957

Hopkins County Traffic Advisory

by Keith Todd
July 06, 2015 1415

Driving on Suspended License, Alleged Fleeing…

by SurfKY News
July 06, 2015 1413

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports Released -…

by SurfKY News
July 07, 2015 1206

Man Charged With Threatening to Kill Two MPD…

by SurfKY News
July 06, 2015 1041

KLC to Hold Free OSHA Training for West Kentucky

by Daniel Lowry
July 06, 2015 791

Kentuckians Touched by Organ Donation Featured on…

by Karen McKnight
July 06, 2015 783

Swingin' for Sadie Scholarship Recipients

by Karen Robinson
July 06, 2015 775

City Launches New Website, Online Payment System

by Leslie Curneal