firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Posted on 2/2/14
3/13 - 16
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

July 30, 2015 3868

Webster Man Leads Police on Chase through Parts…

by SurfKY News
July 31, 2015 3791

Miss Hopkins County Fair 2015 Chosen

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
July 28, 2015 2874

Hanson, Owensboro, Bowling Green Youths Win at…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 01, 2015 2591

24th Annual Miss Teen Hopkins County Fair Pageant…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
July 29, 2015 2513

Crime Stoppers Top Most Wanted - July 29, 2015

by SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

July 17, 2015 16721

Muhlenberg Most Wanted - Top 10

by SurfKY News
July 23, 2015 15712

UPDATE: Family Confirms Body of Missing Teen…

by Shawn Freels, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

August 02, 2015 1802

Poole Wins Hopkins County Fair Talent Show

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1489

Tiniest Division of Hopkins County Fair Pageants…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1345

Two Injured in Motorcycle Accident

by SurfKY News
August 02, 2015 1301

Community Helps ‘Cram the Hummer’ for School…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1082

Man Accused of Using Craig's List to Encourage…

by SurfKY News
August 02, 2015 953

Spinal Cord Injury Patient's Foundation Sponsors…

by SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 947

Back To School Bash Brings Crowd to Mall

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 779

Two Vehicle Collision Injures One, Driver…

by SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 707

Vehicle Accident Results in One Fatality

by SurfKY News
August 02, 2015 638

'The Free' Gets Greenville Crowd Groovin'

by Mike Groves, SurfKY News