DUNMOR, Ky. (11/1/13) – The Muhlenberg High School Bass Team has had quite a year. But to keep the team supplied with all the equipment, supplies and necessities such as gas for their vehicles to get to tournament locations next year, they need your help.
You can show your support, and possibly win a $1000.00 during the MCHS Bass Fishing Fundraiser this Saturday, Nov. 2 at Lake Malone State Park. Click Here for Facebook page.
Team coach Cody Napier told Surfky News about the importance of the tournament.
"We'd like to invite everyone to come out Saturday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sixty dollar entry fee and 10 dollars for the optional Big Bass Pot. We will guarantee a $1000 cash prize if we have at least 30 boats. We'll also raffle off a $50 gift card from Uncle Lee's. Everything will begin at the Lake Malone boat dock." Napier said.
Napier added that there are a wide array of needs that the fundraiser will help with throughout the season.
"Funds raised will go toward equipment, hotel expenses if we are in a tournament where we have to stay overnight, and just as important, gas to get to and from the tournaments throughout the year. Gas is one of our biggest expenses. It is where much of our money go." Napier said.
Napier added that the 2012-2013 season was the first year for the team, and they are off to a great start.
"We did very well, and much of the reason was our fund raising. We had four boats make it to the state finals and two finished in the top four. We really owe a big note of thanks to our sponsors and the many people who have helped out this past season." Napier said.
"I always look forward to going out on the water with these kids every time we practice or compete. I really wish it had been something we had when I was in high school. But to be able to train some of these great young fishermen is a dream come true. Hopefully each of them will be able to pass on their knowledge to the next generation." Napier added.
Registration for Saturday's tournament starts at 5:30 a.m. The tournament will run from 7 a.m. (or safe light) until 3 p.m. Registration on the day of the event will be cash only. Boats will take off in order of registration. You must send checks one week in advance of the tournament to preregister.
Tournament directors will include head coach Cody Napier and Paul Barrett.
Make checks payable to Muhlenberg County High School, 501 Robert Draper Way, Greenville Kentucky, 42345.
Official tournament rules are listed below:
- Choose your own partner or fish alone
- Winners will be determined by tournament officials based on boat weight
- Only fish measuring 15 inches or more with mouth closed will be weighed.
- Golden rule will be the official board used.
- Only large-mouth, small-mouth, and spotted bass will be weighed in.
- Fishing with artificial baits only is authorized. There will be no trolling.
- No more than two contestants per boat. No exception.
- Live wells will be checked by members of the tournament committee prior to start of the tournament.
- There will be .50 lb penalty for every dead fish weighed in 10-Short fish brought to weigh-in will result in total disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed
- Five fish limit per boat.
- LATE PENALTY 1 LB PER MINUTE - 15 MINUTES LATE, LOSE ALL CREDIT.
- ALL BOATS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH COAST GUARD APPROVED KILL SWITCH
- LIFE VEST AND KILL SWITCH MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIME THE COMBUSTION ENGINE IS RUNNING. IF NOT, WILL RESULT IN TOTAL DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE OF ENTRY FEE.
- A POLYGRAPH MAY BE GIVEN
- DECISIONS BY TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR ARE FINAL.
Pictures courtesy of Cody Napier
© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.
|< Prev||Next >|