Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Webster
Davis Motor Sales banner ad

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

Posted on 2/2/14
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16
button coupons
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16
button classifieds
2/6/2014 - posted
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

December 24, 2014 12814

Christmas Eve Bloody Brawl Erupts on Dulin Street

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Doreen Dennis
December 25, 2014 8892

Gift Returns Done Right

in General News For All Sites by SurfKY News
December 25, 2014 6350

Arrests Made After Dulin Avenue Christmas Eve…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Officer C.P. Haynie
December 25, 2014 4627

Crime Stoppers Top Most Wanted - December 25, 2014

in Video by Crime Stoppers
December 23, 2014 4191

Couple's Alleged Dispute over Blanket Leads to…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police Department
December 22, 2014 4146

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports - Dec. 22, 2014

in Hopkins News by Madisonville Police Department
December 23, 2014 3658

Alleged Theft at Walmart Sends Two to Jail

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Madisonville Police Department
December 23, 2014 3275

Disturbance Results in Vehicle, Foot Pursuit,…

in Local (Hopkins) Top News by Officer Tyler Russell
December 26, 2014 3181

2014 Looking Back: World Mourns Watson Family…

in Top News For All Sites by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
December 26, 2014 3175

5-Year-Old Boy Kills Buck/Doe

in Local (Muhlenberg) Top News by Randy Adams

Stories Trending Today

December 27, 2014 2572

John Prine to be Recognized at Grammy Awards

in Top News For All Sites by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
December 27, 2014 2273

2014 Concludes with Record Investments for…

in Top News For All Sites by Angela Blank
December 28, 2014 2132

Patriot to Idle Two Mines Tomorrow; 600-700 Jobs…

in Top News For All Sites by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
December 27, 2014 1612

Four Time Management Tips for the New Year by…

in General News For All Sites by David Taylor
December 26, 2014 1482

Simple Ways to Maintain Your Mental Acuity

in General News For All Sites by SurfKY News
December 27, 2014 1379

The Dangers of Belly Fat

in General News For All Sites by SurfKY News
December 27, 2014 1366

Women's Heart Attack Symptoms Can Differ from…

in General News For All Sites by SurfKY News
December 27, 2014 1362

How to Live as a One Income Family

in General News For All Sites by SurfKY News
December 27, 2014 1359

What to Look for in An Investment Property

in General News For All Sites by SurfKY News
December 27, 2014 1266

Keeping the Faith - 'The Puzzles of the Past'

in General News For All Sites by Ronnie McBrayer

SurfKY News Group, Inc.
Corporate Office & Studio
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431
270.452.2727 (phone)
  •  270.452.2249 (fax)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social fbsocial twsocial yt
social gpsocial flrsocial rss