Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Webster

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

Providence Festival Welcomes 'Walking Dead' Novelist

PROVIDENCE, Ky. (9/16/14) — Local Kentucky writers and 'The Walking Dead' house novelist Jay Bonansinga gathered… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

September 15, 2014 4068

Man Accused of Stalking Woman During Her…

in Top Stories by GPD PIO Wes Miller
September 15, 2014 4068

Man Accused of Stealing Rural King…

in Top Stories by MCSO PIO Alex Piper
September 13, 2014 3747

MPD Responds to a Disturbance at Baptist…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
September 16, 2014 2490

Postal Worker Arrested for Terroristic…

in Top Stories by GPD PIO Wes Miller
September 15, 2014 2068

Man Arrested for DUI, Carrying Concealed…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

September 13, 2014 3747

MPD Responds to a Disturbance at Baptist…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
September 15, 2014 2068

Man Arrested for DUI, Carrying Concealed…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
September 15, 2014 1964

Man Arrested for Being Under Influence of…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
September 13, 2014 447

Quilt Exhibit Reception Sept. 14

in Top Stories by Chris Wilson
September 16, 2014 440

Dawson Springs Police Chief to Retire on…

in Top Stories by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

September 13, 2014 1392

The Gift of Aging Oct. 16

in News by Jennifer Kaminski
September 13, 2014 1375

Audubon Bon Harbor Area Alliance to Host…

in News by Abby Shelton
September 13, 2014 1348

Dogwood Azalea Neighborhood Alliance to…

in News by Abby Shelton
September 13, 2014 966

Wesleyan Shawnee Neighborhood Alliance to…

in News by Abby Shelton
September 13, 2014 597

US 60 Extension at Owensboro to Open…

in Top Stories by Keith Todd

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

September 15, 2014 4068

Man Accused of Stalking Woman During Her…

in Top Stories by GPD PIO Wes Miller
September 15, 2014 4068

Man Accused of Stealing Rural King…

in Top Stories by MCSO PIO Alex Piper
September 16, 2014 2490

Postal Worker Arrested for Terroristic…

in Top Stories by GPD PIO Wes Miller
September 14, 2014 1604

Three Injured in Single-Car Collision

in Top Stories by Robert LIttlepage
September 13, 2014 1347

Local Author Signs Copies of Her New Book

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 03social 04social 22social 21social 06