Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

In Other News...

GRADD Seeking Ombudsman Program Volunteers

OWENSBORO, Ky. (8/25/14) — The Green River Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is hosting training for new volunteers on… Read More

Daviess County Health Department Inspection Reports

OWENSBORO, Kentucky (8/25/14) — The Green River District Health Department reported the following recent restaurant… Read More

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

August 22, 2014 5422

Two Busted for Meth in Central City

in Top Stories by Martha Clark
August 22, 2014 4085

Business Spotlight - Gypsy Lady Offers…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 25, 2014 3796

14-Year-Old Suffers Gunshot Wound; Air…

in Top Stories by Ami Clayton, SurfKY News
August 22, 2014 2894

Edge Ice Center Offering weSKATE…

in News by Brittni Bunn
August 25, 2014 2693

Flooded Central City Church's Seven Day…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

August 25, 2014 3796

14-Year-Old Suffers Gunshot Wound; Air…

in Top Stories by Ami Clayton, SurfKY News
August 22, 2014 2164

Family: 'We're So Far Away; Need to Say…

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 24, 2014 2154

Two Injured in Two-Vehicle Collision…

in Top Stories by Officer Jeff Miller
August 25, 2014 2025

Two Injured in Two-Vehicle Collision Near…

in Top Stories by Trooper Stu Recke
August 22, 2014 1977

SurfKY Spotlight: Blackwell’s Diner and…

in Top Stories by Gary Gates, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

August 22, 2014 2894

Edge Ice Center Offering weSKATE…

in News by Brittni Bunn
August 25, 2014 1930

Daviess County Health Department…

in News by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News
August 25, 2014 1767

44th Mount Saint Joseph Picnic is Sunday,…

in News by Jennifer Kaminski
August 25, 2014 1758

GRADD Seeking Ombudsman Program Volunteers

in News by Woody Maglinger
August 22, 2014 1449

UPDATE - Multi-Agency Drug Investigation…

in Top Stories by Dennis Beard, SurfKY News

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

August 22, 2014 5422

Two Busted for Meth in Central City

in Top Stories by Martha Clark
August 22, 2014 4085

Business Spotlight - Gypsy Lady Offers…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 25, 2014 2693

Flooded Central City Church's Seven Day…

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
August 22, 2014 2573

Kentucky 601 in Muhlenberg County…

in Top Stories by Keith Todd
August 25, 2014 2361

Camper Stolen in Utica Recovered in…

in Top Stories by Martha Clark

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 03social 04social 22social 21social 06