OWENSBORO, Ky. (9/3/13) – The Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its 2013 Business of the Year Awards. This new program will replace the Small Business of the Year awards given in previous years by adding new categories, and allowing for more participation from the 900+ members of the chamber.
“This new business awards program was created with the help of the Small Business Committee, and is based on feedback from members about the importance of recognitions like these. We’ve revised it to recognize excellence in innovation, growth, customer service and community involvement,” said Amy Jackson, President and CEO of the chamber.
The new categories of the chamber Business Awards program include:
• Business of the Year (one to10 employees)
• Business of the Year (11-50 employees)
• Business of the Year (51+ employees)
• Emerging Business of the Year
• Non-Profit of the Year
• Education and Workforce Development Program of the Year
All nominees must be members of the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce, cannot have won a Business of the Year award from the chamber in the last five years, and must be able to provide percentage of gross revenue growth over the past three years. The online forms for nominations are available online at www.owensboro.com. Nominations will be accepted until September 30, 2013, and all nominees will receive a packet with the application the first week of October.
Benefits of winning the award include:
• Award presented at 2014 Annual Dinner on January 18, 2014
• Name on plaque displayed in Chamber office • Winner logo that can be placed on their marketing materials and on
the Chamber website
• Profile in 2nd Quarter Greater Owensboro Business Magazine • Free booth at 2014 business expo
• Recognition at February Rooster Booster • Can present award to winner upcoming year at annual dinner
• Press via press release, Chamber website, Chamber Matters email and newsletter
• Icon by name in business directory as winner Deadline for nominations is Monday, September 30.
Information provided by Jamie Roby
|< Prev||Next >|