According to a Madisonville Fire Department report, fire personnel were dispatched to a single story Wells Avenue residence for a curtain fire caused by a candle flame extension.
Upon arrival, firefighters were greeted by Madisonville Police Officers, who had already evacuated the family and put out the fire.
Firefighters entered the home where they found a charred area above the window seal and ceiling above the point of origin and several burnt wires. A thermal imaging camera was used to check for fire extension, but nothing was found, the report said.The resident was advised the home was deemed safe and the wires would need to be replaced, the report said.
SurfKY News Reporter
Information Provided by the Madisonville Fire Department
|< Prev||Next >|