firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Posted on 2/2/14
3/13 - 16
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

April 17, 2015 11753

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 23, 2015 7390

Man Charged with Sodomy, Incest/Victim under 12

by SurfKY News
April 18, 2015 5747

Man Charged with Attempting to Coerce Minor for…

by Madisonville Police Department
April 20, 2015 4846

Nortonville Woman Charged with Meth Possession at…

by Madisonville Police Department
April 22, 2015 3989

Crime Stoppers Fugitive of the Week – April 22,…

by Hopkinsville – Christian County Crime Stoppers

Most Read This Month

April 17, 2015 11753

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 02, 2015 8788

UPDATE: Madisonville Man Injured in Head-on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

April 24, 2015 3940

UPDATE: Police Can't Substantiate Injured Man…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 871

Career Fair Provides Students Information about…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 856

Hopkins District Court Fines Handed Down

by Karen McKnight
April 24, 2015 846

Madisonville Police Arrest Reports Released -…

by SurfKY News
April 25, 2015 842

Above and Beyond: Wade Simons

by Gary Gates, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 830

Baptist Health Holds ‘Walk in the Park’ as Part…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 23, 2015 821

Regional Eighth Grade Math Contest Held

by Joyce Riggs
April 24, 2015 812

Elementary Girls in Good GRACES with Unique…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 801

Probation and Parole Violators - April 24, 2015

by Gary Gates, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 727

Muhlenberg District Court Fines Handed Down

by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News