firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Posted on 2/2/14
3/13 - 16
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

April 28, 2015 4203

Search for Stolen Vehicle Ends with Woman Charged…

by SurfKY News
April 27, 2015 3539

Online Petition Seeking Re­opening of Shanice…

by Samantha Carver, SurfKY News
April 28, 2015 3370

Man Charged with Stalking Smoke Shop Clerk

by MPD
April 27, 2015 2928

Hopkins County Drug War ― Are We Winning?

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
April 30, 2015 2843

Family Says 'Goodbye' to Dog After It Allegedly…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

April 17, 2015 15604

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 23, 2015 8500

Man Charged with Sodomy, Incest/Victim under 12

by SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

May 05, 2015 1832

School Board Studies Further Spending Cuts

by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
May 04, 2015 1558

Alleged Littering Leads to Drug Arrest

by SurfKY News
May 04, 2015 1526

Teen Injured During Collision with Police Cruiser

by SurfKY News
May 04, 2015 984

Three Injured in Two-Vehicle Collision

by SurfKY News
May 04, 2015 970

Women ‘Get the Message’ at River Ministry Banquet

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
May 04, 2015 786

Hopkins County Sheriff's Reports Released

by SurfKY News
May 04, 2015 617

Dawson Springs Police Reports for Monday, May 4,…

by SurfKY News
May 04, 2015 528

Outstanding Students at MCC Recognized

by Joyce Riggs
May 04, 2015 453

Muhlenberg Christens Supreme Sports Complex

by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News