OWENSBORO, Ky. (6/21/13) – The Owensboro Police Department, community owned and operated since 1817, wants to give the citizens of Owensboro the opportunity to see how their department operates on a day-to-day basis. We believe that by educating the community, we can foster better communications between the Owensboro Police Department and those we serve. To that end, we are pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for the 2013 Citizen’s Police Academy.
The Citizen’s Police Academy is a 12 week long class that will meet at the Owensboro Police Department for three hour sessions, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. each Thursday, and is designed to give insight into the day-to-day operations of the Owensboro Police Department. It is scheduled to run from August 22 to November 7.
Members of the department will be your presenters and may discuss course topics such as:
• Tour of OPD Headquarters
• Patrol Operations
• Hiring Process
• Professional Standards
• Criminal Investigations
• Hazardous Material Recovery
• D.U.I. – portable breath test/intoxilyzer
• Arrest/Handcuffing Procedures
• Officer Safety
• Dispatch – Codes & Signals
• Street Crimes – Surveillance Equipment, Undercover Operations
• OPD Firing Range – Firearms Demonstration
• Emergency Response Team – Dynamic Entry, Rappelling
• K-9 Officer – Training, Capabilities, Demonstration
Registration is limited. To apply, visit the Owensboro Police Department website at www.owensboro.org/police, or click on the following link: http://www.owensboro.org/police/?page_id=38.
Information provided by Michael Hathaway
|< Prev||Next >|