firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Posted on 2/2/14

Most Read This Week

April 17, 2015 12464

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 23, 2015 7659

Man Charged with Sodomy, Incest/Victim under 12

by SurfKY News
April 18, 2015 5826

Man Charged with Attempting to Coerce Minor for…

by Madisonville Police Department
April 20, 2015 4943

Nortonville Woman Charged with Meth Possession at…

by Madisonville Police Department
April 24, 2015 4260

UPDATE: Police Can't Substantiate Injured Man…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

April 17, 2015 12464

An Open Letter from an Addict

by Olivia Kirks
April 02, 2015 8851

UPDATE: Madisonville Man Injured in Head-on…

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

April 25, 2015 1318

Above and Beyond: Wade Simons

by Gary Gates, SurfKY News
April 24, 2015 1035

Elementary Girls in Good GRACES with Unique…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 25, 2015 938

Planning Commission Approves Zoning Amendments…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 25, 2015 884

Superheroes ‘Bowl for Kids Sake’

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
April 25, 2015 792

Webster County Traffic Advisory

by Keith Todd
April 26, 2015 782

New Drug Helps Farmer with Parkinson's Return to…

by Laura Dawahare
April 25, 2015 767

Focus on Hopkins County: Interview with Sheriff…

by Tim Thomas
April 25, 2015 710

Tobacco Quitline Callers Eligible for Extra…

by Beth Fisher
April 25, 2015 658

Happenings and Meetings - Hopkins County

by Amber Averitt, SurfKY News
April 25, 2015 652

Keeping the Faith - 'To Die Trying'

by Ronnie McBrayer