OWENSBORO, Ky. (2/18/14) – East View Elementary School will celebrate Digital Learning Day on Wednesday, Feb. 19 (original date was Tuesday, Feb. 18).
Teachers have developed exciting plans for using technology this day.
Many teachers will be using the new classroom sets of mini iPads or SmartBoard projectors to make their lessons interactive.
- A kindergarten class will listen to actor Sean Astin read “A Bad Case of Stripe,” and another kindergarten class will go on a virtual field trip to the Lincoln Boyhood Memorial to learn more about Abraham Lincoln.
- First-grade students will practice math skills by playing games online.
- Third-grade students will use iPods to answer questions virtually through a reading lesson.
- Fourth-graders will bring their own devices to school to read about Anne Frank.
- Learning fractions will be fun as fifth-graders use a QR scanner.
“These are just a few of the exciting activities planned to keep students engaged and excited about learning at East View Elementary School,” said Kari Kinder, who serves EVES as staff developer and gifted coordinator.
Information provided by Lora Wimsatt
|< Prev||Next >|