OWENSBORO, Ky. (7/2/14) — The Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation and Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce will kick-off a year-long visioning and planning process for the community Thursday, July 17, 2014 with a Greater Owensboro 2065 Summit.
The Summit, set to begin at 10 a.m. and conclude at 4 p.m. at the Owensboro Health Regional Hospital Auditorium, is open to all citizens, civic, non-profit and business leaders of the community.
It is a day designed to educate, engage and empower the community to define 50-year goals in four key areas – education, transportation, energy and health.
The day will feature James B. Bullard, the Chief Executive Officer and President of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis at a luncheon address.
Other featured speakers on the program include:
- Kris Kimmel – President of the Kentucky Science and Technology Corp. and founder of the IdeaFestival will address futuristic thinking;
- Dr. Nick Brake – Superintendent of Owensboro Public Schools will address opportunities in education and workforce development;
- Dr. Leonard Peters – Secretary of the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet; and Kevin McClearn – Chief District Engineer with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will address transportation planning for the future.
After the presentations, citizen attendees will choose the planning group they’d like to participate in and join the following leaders in a year-long process of research, input and design of goals:
- In Energy – Terry Naulty, General Manager and CEO of Owensboro Municipal Utilities
- In Education – Dr. Jim Klauber, President of Owensboro Community and Technical College
- In Transportation – Suzanne Blazar, Vice President at First Security Bank of Owensboro
- In Health – Philip Patterson, President and CEO of Owensboro Health
Information provided by Jessica Kirk
|< Prev||Next >|