Pick Your Community: | Hopkins | Muhlenberg | Daviess | Christian | Fayette | Henderson | Lakes | McCracken | Warren | Webster
Davis Motor Sales banner ad

Madisonville Fire Reports — December 24

firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (12/24/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following reports Dec. 24.

The Madisonville Fire Department received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a house fire on 311 Arch St. Upon arrival, at 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 fire units were informed by Madisonville Police Department that a fire was located in the floor furnace and all residents had been evacuated.

The crew entered the structure and discovered light smoke and a small fire inside the floor furnace. A carbon dioxide fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the structure. Gas was shut off to the unit and Atmos Energy was requested.

When the scene was further investigation, it was revealed that a plastic clothes basket had been placed on the floor furnace. The basket melted on the furnace and caught fire. After further inspection of the unit, it was determined that the unit should not be used until properly repaired and serviced. Atmos Energy arrived on scene and disconnected gas service to the structure.

MFD received an alarm from Central Dispatch for a stove top fire at approximately 10:33 p.m. Monday, Dec. 23 at 355 Graves St.

The crew met with the female resident outside the home where she stated that she came home and smoke was coming out of the stove. She proceeded to say that she noticed that one of the burners was glowing red and both the cabinets and range hood had been burned.

The crew entered the structure to investigate further. They noticed there had been extensive damage to the stove, hood range and electrical outlet behind the stove. They also noticed there was smoke and heat damage to the cabinets, window sill around the stove, and all around the kitchen walls.

The crew continued to check the electrical box and the breaker box for the outlet in the kitchen, which had been tripped. The crew removed the stove from the kitchen and checked it for any active fire extension but nothing was found.

All smoke inside the structure had been removed by natural ventilation. It was determined that the burner to the stove had been left on when the occupant left the residence.

Amber Averitt
SurfKY News Reporter
Information provided by the Madisonville Fire Department

© Copyright 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story by using one of the social media links below.

Started 11/8/2013
Started 11/8/2013
Started 11/8/2013
Started 11/8/2013
Started 11/8/2013
Started 11/8/2013

In Other News...

Fill the Boot: From the Station to the Nation

MADISONVILLE, Ky. (8/21/14) — Local firemen were dispatched to three local grocery stores today including Kroger,… Read More

Transportation Cabinet Resolves Failed Manhole Issue on Kentucky 2121/Southtown Boulevard

OWENSBORO, Ky. (8/22/14) — Work has ramped up this week to remedy problems caused by a failed manhole along the… Read More
Started 11/8/2013
Started 11/8/2013

Most Read This Week (Site-Wide)

August 21, 2014 5759

Muhlenberg Task Force on Trail of Home…

in News by Wes Miller
August 18, 2014 4462

Man Injured in Early Morning WKP Accident

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 18, 2014 4223

Owensboro Board of Commissioners…

in News by Beth Cecil
August 20, 2014 4042

Park Avenue Trespass Call Leads to…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 18, 2014 4003

Unlawful Solicitation

in News by Sgt. J.D. Winkler

Most Read Stories from Hopkins County

August 20, 2014 4042

Park Avenue Trespass Call Leads to…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 18, 2014 2714

Madisonville Man Charged for Shoplifting,…

in Top Stories by Madisonville Police Department
August 21, 2014 2011

Pedestrian Struck on East Arch Street,…

in Top Stories by Officer Ryan Clark
August 20, 2014 1699

Dawson Springs Woman Arrested for Driving…

in Top Stories by SurfKY News
August 18, 2014 1482

Madisonville Firefighters Recognized for…

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director

Most Read Stories from Owensboro

August 18, 2014 4223

Owensboro Board of Commissioners…

in News by Beth Cecil
August 18, 2014 4003

Unlawful Solicitation

in News by Sgt. J.D. Winkler
August 18, 2014 3865

RiverArtes Opening at OMFA

in News by Owensboro Museum of Fine Art
August 19, 2014 3336

Free Arthritis Exercise Program will be…

in News by Woody Maglinger
August 19, 2014 3252

Municipal Art Collection on Exhibit at…

in News by Mary Bryan Hood

Most Read Stories from Muhlenberg County

August 18, 2014 4462

Man Injured in Early Morning WKP Accident

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 18, 2014 3890

Luke's Flea Market Vendors' Home Away…

in Top Stories by Charles W. Riley II, SurfKY News
August 18, 2014 3694

'How Dry I Was'

in Top Stories by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 19, 2014 3231

'Another One Bites the 'Duct'

in Top Stories by Paul McRee, SurfKY News
August 19, 2014 2586

Drakesboro Woman Injured When Tree Falls…

in Top Stories by Martha Clark

SurfKY News Group, Inc. Central Office & Printing Division
1125 Nebo Rd.  •  Madisonville, KY 42431  •  270.452.2249 (fax)
Main Number: 270.452.2727 (phone)  •  Printing Division Direct Line: 270.821.8600 (phone)

SurfKY Owensboro News Bureau
920 Frederica St. / Suite 210  •  Owensboro, KY 42301  •  270.683-8060 (phone)


Contact a member of our staff: www.surfky.com/contact
Copyright © 2014 SurfKY News Group, Inc.  •  Terms of Use  •  Site Map

social 03social 04social 22social 21social 06