HENDERSON, Ky. (2/21/14) – Henderson Police reported the recent accidents and investigations.
- William Pettus, 18, Henderson, was arrested on Feb. 19 in the 1100 block of Clay St. on charges of second degree burglary and third degree criminal mischief. He was lodged at the Henderson County Detention Center.
- At 8 a.m. on Feb. 21, Henderson Police responded to the scene of an accident with injuries in the 1200 block of N. Green St. According to Henderson Police, Karen Goldie, 52, Henderson, was stopped on Green St. at the 12th St. intersection traffic light waiting to turn west as Bryan Williamson, 51, was driving north on Green St. when the two apparently collided. Goldie was taken by ambulance to Methodist Hospital in Henderson for treatment of possible injuries.
- Just before noon on Feb. 18, Henderson Police responded to report of an alleged burglary at a business in the 1600 block of Second St. Authorities said the owner told them more than $500 had been stolen from his bank account by an “unknown source.” Anyone with information about the investigation is asked to contact the Henderson Police Department at (270) 831-1295 or Crimestoppers at (270) 831-1111.
- At 6 p.m. on Feb. 21, Henderson Police responded to report of an accident with injuries in the 700 block of N. Green St. According to authorities, a vehicle headed south on N. Green St. apparently collided with a vehicle stopped at the intersection of Seventh St. and N. Green St. waiting to turn east. The report didn’t state who was driving each vehicle, although a total of eight people were identified in the report. Police said one person in the southbound vehicle and all of the people in the stopped vehicle were taken to Methodist Hospital for treatment of injuries.
- At 8:09 p.m. on Feb. 21, Tori Kuester, 18, Henderson, was driving south on S. Green St. in the 1700 block when she apparently struck the back of a vehicle driving by Heather Storm, 32, Corydon, while Storm was stopped in traffic facing south. Authorities said Kuester apparently suffered minor injuries but refused medical treatment at the scene.
- At 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 22, Henderson Police responded to the scene of an accident with reported injuries at the intersection of Fifth and Green streets. Authorities said one of the vehicles involved allegedly disregarded the red light and struck another in the side. A passenger in the vehicle that police said ran the red light was taken to Methodist Hospital for treatment of injuries. Both drivers refused treatment at the scene.
- On Feb. 22, Henderson Police responded to report of a grass fire in the 1600 block of S. Main St. A juvenile accused of setting the fire behind Chapelwood Apartments was located on S. Green St. and allegedly admitted to starting the blaze. The juvenile was charged with willfully setting fire on land not owned or controlled by self.
- At 2:55 p.m. on Feb. 22, Henderson Police, EMS, and Fire departments responded to the 2500 block of US Hwy. 41 regarding a four-car automobile accident with injuries. According to authorities, all four units were traveling north on U.S. 41 in the left lane. Police said Christy Overfield, 41, Henderson, apparently ran into the back of a vehicle, which in turn struck the back of a third vehicle. Jason Hooper, 39, Dawson Springs, swerved to avoid Overfield’s vehicle. Hooper and Overfield were treated at the scene by Henderson EMS. No other injuries were reported.
- At 7:07 p.m. on Oct. 31, Henderson Police responded to report of a burglary in the 300 block of S. Green St. Upon arrival, officers spoke with a woman who told them a man kicked in the door of her apartment. The incident is under investigation by the Henderson Police Department. The suspect, William Pettus, 18, Henderson, was later arrested on charges of second degree burglary and third degree criminal mischief. Anyone with information about the investigation is asked to contact the Henderson Police Department at (270) 831-1295 or Crimestoppers at (270) 831-1111.
|< Prev||Next >|