firereports2011new c 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (11/12/13) — The Madisonville Fire Department released the following activity reports Tuesday, Nov. 12.

• MFD crews responded to a structure fire on Richmond Drive Saturday, Nov. 9 to check on the status of an extinguished electrical outlet fire.

About 10:57 a.m., MFD was alerted by the homeowner that she wanted firefighters to check and clear the structure to ensure the fire was totally out. The crew found a burned electrical outlet with parts of a power strip melted into the outlet. None of the breakers were tripped and the crew disabled the affected breaker. The refrigerator, which was connected to the electrical circuit, was switched to another outlet.

Crews advised the homeowner to have the wiring checked.

• On Sunday, Nov. 10 MFD responded to a fire inside Electro Cycle at 230 Baldwin Drive. At about 1:09 p.m., MFD was alerted by Central Dispatch that the fire was just inside the door.

Crews determined that the fire was contained inside a dust collection duct. There were no visible flames but the duct showed signs of being heated from the burning materials inside.

The maintenance personnel were advised to shut down the ventilation system and to cut power to equipment in the area. Water was used to cool the overheated duct and a thermal camera was used to determine if the fire had spread.

The fire was contained to the single duct, and crews continued to apply water on it until it had cooled enough to ensure there was no danger of re-ignition.

• An electrical short in a garbage disposal caused minor damage to an apartment on East Broadway. MFD received a report at 8:55 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 10 and determined the fire was in the C side of the apartment complex. A thermal image camera the fire was quickly discovered below and above the kitchen sink.

Crews forced air ventilation to vent smoke from the structure after opening the bedroom window in the apartment. It was determined that the fire had spread toward the cabinets, where a microwave was located. The apartment suffered minor smoke and water damage.

• An alarm activated at Baptist Health Hospital at 900 Hospital Drive at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 was triggered by burned fan belts in the air handler unit of the mechanical room on the second floor of the East storage room.

Light smoke was visible in the hallway when crews arrived in the area where the alarm panel was located. Fire crews used both negative and positive ventilation fans to remove smoke from the structure.

SurfKY News
Information provided by Chief Steve Stolz

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

LIKE SurfKY on Facebook - Click here to LIKE us now.

© Copyright 2015 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission. SurfKY News encourages you to share this story on social media.

Posted on 2/2/14
3/13 - 16
3/13 - 16

Most Read This Week

July 30, 2015 4087

Webster Man Leads Police on Chase through Parts…

by SurfKY News
July 31, 2015 3957

Miss Hopkins County Fair 2015 Chosen

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 01, 2015 2757

24th Annual Miss Teen Hopkins County Fair Pageant…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
July 29, 2015 2637

Crime Stoppers Top Most Wanted - July 29, 2015

by SurfKY News
August 01, 2015 2558

Little Miss, Mister Hopkins County Fair Chosen

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News

Most Read This Month

July 17, 2015 16936

Muhlenberg Most Wanted - Top 10

by SurfKY News
July 23, 2015 15909

UPDATE: Family Confirms Body of Missing Teen…

by Shawn Freels, SurfKY News

Stories Trending Now

August 04, 2015 2210

Hopkins School System Has More Hiring to Do

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1761

Tiniest Division of Hopkins County Fair Pageants…

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 04, 2015 1592

No. 9 Steakhouse Owners Working to Rebuild Dream

by Doreen Dennis, SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1569

Two Injured in Motorcycle Accident

by SurfKY News
August 04, 2015 1470

UPDATE: AT&T Engineers Identify Phone…

by Rita Dukes Smith, SurfKY News Director
August 03, 2015 1400

Man Accused of Using Craig's List to Encourage…

by SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1191

Madisonville Police Reports Released

by SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1179

Back To School Bash Brings Crowd to Mall

by Tammy Holloway, SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1128

Two Vehicle Collision Injures One, Driver…

by SurfKY News
August 03, 2015 1015

Vehicle Accident Results in One Fatality

by SurfKY News