Fire 2 9

HENDERSON COUNTY, Ky. (2/9/19) — Several fire crews responded to a report of a kitchen fire in the 13,000 block of U.S. 41-A this evening.

The residents had vacated the home as Cairo and Corydon Fire departments arrived on scene to extinguish the flames. Fire officals determined a burning candle was believed to have caused the blaze.

The stove was destroyed, fire officials reported at 9:11 p.m. Firefighters made entry into the kitchen ceiling to make sure the fire had not spread into the attic.

No one was reported injured during the incident. Henderson Rescue and Emergency Management Agency also responded to assist.

Nick Risley
SurfKY News Reporter
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

 

sitelogosm© Copyright 2008 - 2019 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission.

Click here to subscribe to receive daily updates by email.

Most Read This Week...

Most Read This Month

Sunny

76°F

Madisonville, KY

Sunny

Humidity: 64%

Wind: 2.49 m/h

  • 25 Jun 2019

    Showers 84°F 66°F

  • 26 Jun 2019

    Thunderstorms 89°F 67°F

Weather brought to you by

Market Report brought to you by

Market Report

Stories Trending Today