Oasis

MADISONVILLE, Ky. (5/11/19) — A fire that apparently broke out at Oasis Southwest Grill off Island Ford Road shortly before dark today was quickly brought under control.

Grease in a kitchen vent is believed to have sparked the flames that cut dinner short for a few patrons. Several individuals were seen standing outside away from the building, while Madisonville Fire Department crews were on the restaurant rooftop to assess the situation.

A man outside said the eatery would likely be closed the rest of the night for damage control. Officials have not confirmed that information, however. The building appeared to be intact and undamaged from an outdoor perspective.

Gwen Smith
SurfKY News

sitelogosm© Copyright 2008 - 2019 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission.

Click here to subscribe to receive daily updates by email.

Most Read This Week...

Most Read This Month

Mostly Clear

83°F

Hopkins, KY

Mostly Clear

Humidity: 68%

Wind: 3.11 m/h

  • 25 Aug 2019

    Mostly Sunny 98°F 76°F

  • 26 Aug 2019

    Sunny 101°F 78°F

Weather brought to you by

Market Report brought to you by

Market Report

Stories Trending Today