mfd flame01 300MADISONVILLE, Ky. (9/19/19) — Madisonville Fire Department Station 2 crews responded to a 10:59 p.m. call Wednesday at a home off West Lake Street.

Firefighters arrived to find the resident outside, saying an odor inside the home was “giving them headaches,” according to an MFD report.

Officials went inside to check out the scene, using a combustible gas detector around the gas stove and water heater, MFD reported, finding no gas leaks. An Atmos Energy worker was requested to the scene for assistance.

MFD along with the gas company worker determined the odor was “most likely” due to a skunk.

SurfKY News

sitelogosm© Copyright 2008 - 2019 SurfKY News Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission.

Click here to subscribe to receive daily updates by email.